On December 6, SPEER hosted a networking event to provide policymakers and staff the opportunity to meet with energy experts versed in energy efficiency to review current policies and opportunities for future action relating to energy efficiency. As we prepare to enter the 88th Texas legislative session we will continue to inform and educate staffers on the importance of efficiency in our state as our population and economy continue to rapidly grow, outpacing supply. Yet if we focus on the demand side by adopting stronger building codes and implementing more energy-efficient measures, we can decrease demand and peak loads saving consumers money on their energy bills and the need to build expensive and polluting fossil fuel generation. Review the brief presentation we provided on the opportunities and successes of energy efficiency in our great state of Texas.
- The Time to ACT is NOW! How the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) can help Texas and Oklahoma move forward.
- SPEER Joins Federally Funded Clean Energy Education Initiative: EMPOWERED
- SPEER is Driving Energy Efficiency Forward as a Demand-side Solution
- Without Efficiency, Texas is Heating Up
- US House’s repeal of energy-saving investments & its potential implications